Why We Were Awarded “Best Nursing Homes” by U.S. News & World Report
For the second year running, Ridge Crest was named one of the best nursing homes in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Out of more than 15,000 skilled nursing facilities evaluated nationwide, only 420, including Ridge Crest, received the top rating for both short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care.
Top-rated for short-term rehabilitation.
Ratings for short-term rehabilitation were based on 10 quality measures focused on staffing, outcomes, resident complaints, and processes of care. Staffing and outcomes factored heavily among the high performers like Ridge Crest.
- Nurse staffing — Availability of registered nursing staff per resident per day at Ridge Crest is twice the Connecticut average.
- Outcomes — The percentage of rehab residents at Ridge Crest who were able to return home exceeded the national average by more than 15%.
You can learn more about our short-term rehabilitation rating here.
Top-rated for long-term skilled nursing.
The long-term care rating is based on nine quality measures focused on staffing, outcomes, resident complaints, and processes of care. Ridge Crest outperformed the average score for every quality measure, including:
- Nurse staffing — Availability of nursing staff at Ridge Crest exceeded the Connecticut average by more than 80 minutes per resident per day.
- ER visits — Outcomes were better at Ridge Crest with fewer residents requiring hospitalization or a trip to the emergency room.
You can learn more about our long-term care rating here.
Top quality care in a beautiful setting.
Whether you need short-term rehabilitation or long-term skilled nursing care, you can expect the very best care at Ridge Crest. Our high staff-to-resident ratio ensures you or a loved one will get the attentive care you need. In addition, you can relax in a household setting designed to promote healing and support your well-being. Residents have access to all this and more at Ridge Crest:
- Private and semiprivate suites
- Chef-prepared meals
- Social, recreational and spiritual programs
- Indoor pool, sauna and sundeck
- Walking garden and patio
See how residents and family members rate Ridge Crest.
We’re pleased to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Nursing Homes” in the area. But some of the best judges around are the people who put themselves or a loved one in our care. We take that responsibility very seriously. Nothing makes us feel better than to see our residents do well.
“Ridge Crest is so superior in every way. If you aren’t able to keep your loved one at home, this is where you want them to be. Thank you, Ridge Crest, for everything you did for our mom.” — Kathy G.
To learn more about Kathy’s experience, visit our health services page. You can read her testimonial, along with many others. For answers to your questions about short-term and long-term care at Ridge Crest, use our Contact Us form. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Hear what residents are saying about their experience.