Senior Rehabilitation Services in Redding, CT
Care that gets you back to living the life you love
Short-term rehabilitation is the necessary transition following surgery, accident or illness that prepares you to get back to the lifestyle you love. Ridge Crest at Meadow Ridge in Redding, Connecticut, offers short-term rehabilitation services in a skilled nursing setting to deliver highly effective care and help you recover as quickly as possible.
Nothing’s better than being at home, but when getting there requires a stay in a short-term rehabilitation center, you’ll find Ridge Crest’s spacious, private and semiprivate living areas and gracious hospitality to be the next best thing. Physical, occupational and speech therapies are available to help you gain strength, balance, dexterity and independence that will enable you to return home.
Ridge Crest Rehabilitation Amenities
- Small private, large private or semi-private rooms
- Full-service dining room with nutritious meals designed by our executive chef and served by our dedicated wait staff
- Outdoor walking garden and patio
- Activity room
- State-of-the-art equipment
Ridge Crest Rehabilitation Staff
- Medical director
- Director of nursing
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Social worker
- Therapeutic recreation director
- Wellness navigator
- Resident centered care coordinator
- Licensed speech, occupational and physical rehabilitation therapists
- High staff-to-patient ratio for optimal care
- Daily activities in social, recreational and spiritual programs
- Coordination of care services and therapies
- Medication administration
- 24-hour emergency response system and security
- Full housekeeping and laundry services
- Stroke recovery
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Post-acute joint replacement rehabilitation
- Diabetes management and education
- Cardiac conditions and recovery
- Postoperative observation
- Total prerenal nutrition
- Treatment of COPD/CHF
- IV antibiotic therapy
- Complex wound care
Outpatient Rehabilitation: Care Without the Stay
For both residents and nonresidents, Meadow Ridge also offers outpatient rehabilitation on-site that’s just as effective as inpatient services. Specific services are offered with a prescription from your primary care physician.
- Therapeutic exercises
- Strength and mobility training
- Gait and balance training
- Muscle reeducation
- Heat and cold modalities
- Electrical stimulation
- Education and training in daily living skills such as eating, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Sensory motor skills retraining
- Strength and range-of-motion training
- Cognitive integration techniques
- Selection and use of adaptive equipment
- Design fabrication and application of orthoses (splints)
- Specialized equipment and leading-edge therapies to help maintain the ability to communicate
- Therapies to restore normal function to persons with difficulty swallowing
- Specialized dysphagia therapies
*Service offered with a prescription from your primary care physician.
Ridge Crest provides short-term rehabilitation on a Medicare and private-pay basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ridge Crest provides short- and long-term rehab through physical, speech and occupational therapies. Resident and nonresident seniors can receive expert care from our skilled therapists and speech pathologists using the most advanced treatments and technologies.
Occupational therapy is similar to physical therapy in that it helps to restore strength and mobility. Occupational therapy also helps people adapt to their social and physical environments through education in activities such as dressing, memory training and coordination exercises.
Our skilled speech and language pathologists address communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. They’ll design treatment plans to help with language ability, provide alternate communication strategies and give appropriate diet recommendations.