Skilled Nursing Services near Redding, CT
Compassionate, person-centered skilled nursing
Skilled nursing care at Ridge Crest at Meadow Ridge in Redding, Connecticut, is available to meet both short-term and long-term needs. We’ve maintained a 5-Star rating from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services since the rating system was established — an indication of our ongoing commitment to excellence. Ridge Crest was also selected by U.S. News & World Report for two years running as one of the Best Nursing Homes in Connecticut.
With accommodations for up to 62 residents, Ridge Crest is conveniently located close to many area hospitals in Fairfield County, Connecticut, and our services are available to both residents and non-residents of Meadow Ridge.
First Class Hospitality and Amenities
With countless comforts and eager-to-help staff, we may not look like a skilled nursing option. That’s no accident. Our goal, every day, is to make you feel at home. Here are a few amenities residents love:
- Private and semiprivate rooms are available
- Whirlpool tub
- Two salons offering hair and nail services
- Massage services
- Indoor pool, sauna and sundeck (our pool is equipped with a chair lift)
- Guest suites for your out-of-town guests
- Full-service main and private dining rooms with nutritious meals designed by our executive chef and served by our dedicated wait staff
- Secure, outdoor walking garden and patio
- Activity room
- TV, phone and Internet service provided at no charge
Ridge Crest Staff
- Medical director or advanced practice registered nurse on site five days a week
- Director of nursing
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Social worker
- Therapeutic recreation director
- Wellness navigator
- Licensed speech, occupational and physical rehabilitation therapists available six days a week
- Wound surgeon weekly rounds
Skilled Nursing Services
- Premier post-acute skilled nursing care
- High staff-to-patient ratio for optimal care
- Personalized care plans developed in collaboration with residents, physicians and family members
- Coordination of care services and therapies
- Medication administration
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Full housekeeping and laundry services
- 24-hour security
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Planned social, cultural and recreational activities created specifically for skilled nursing center residents
- Respite care
- Hospice care
Memory Support Services
Staff at Ridge Crest continuously receive in-depth training across multiple disciplines. We take the time to learn each resident’s history and establish a personal relationship that is further enhanced by consistent staff assignments and high staff-to-resident ratios. For more information about specialty services at Ridge Crest, please contact us.
Caring for a loved one can be a challenge. To be at your best, you need time to yourself — to catch up on rest, handle work and other personal responsibilities, and simply to restore your physical and mental energy. At Ridge Crest, we offer respite stays of three to 60 days for your loved one while you take a break of your own. There are no obligations, no long-term commitments, and everyone is welcome. Contact us for more information and to discuss your needs
Ridge Crest provides long-term nursing care and short-term rehabilitation on a Medicare and private-pay basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Skilled nursing is for those who need greater care while recovering from a hospital stay. Professional, compassionate, support is delivered around the clock by licensed professionals, including RNs, LPNs, Certified Nurse Aides and Certified Medication Aides. We also offer custom programs that encourage maximum social interaction and preserve dignity.
Skilled nursing is usually required after an illness or injury. These are some conditions that often require skilled care for seniors:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiac failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Other major illness
- Hip or bone fracture
- Fall-related injury
- Orthopedic surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis
Potential candidates for long-term nursing care include those who are dealing with an ongoing health condition or disability, chronic or severe pain, a chronic medical condition, permanent disability, dementia, or those who need help with activities of daily living.
Professional caregivers provide short-term, round-the-clock care in a comfortable, secure environment. Loved ones can receive compassionate care and excellent amenities for a few days. Benefits of respite care can include assistance for a loved one after a hospital stay or during illness, a short break for family members, or needed support when you’re traveling.