Skilled Nursing Services near Redding, CT
Compassionate, person-centered skilled nursing
Skilled nursing care at Ridge Crest at Meadow Ridge in Redding, Connecticut, is available to meet both short-term and long-term needs. Ridge Crest was once again selected by U.S. News & World Report for the second year running as one of the Best Nursing Homes in Connecticut in 2019.
With accommodations for up to 62 residents, Ridge Crest is conveniently located close to many area hospitals in Fairfield County, Connecticut, and our services are available to both residents and non-residents of Meadow Ridge.
The Things That Keep Me Going Everyday
Hear from CNA Kimberly Wedderburn about our caring and skilled staff at Ridge Crest.
First Class Hospitality and Amenities
With countless comforts and eager-to-help staff, we may not look like a skilled nursing option. That’s no accident. Our goal, every day, is to make you feel at home. Here are a few amenities residents love:
- Private and semiprivate rooms are available
- Whirlpool tub
- Two salons offering hair and nail services
- Massage services
- Indoor pool, sauna and sundeck (our pool is equipped with a chair lift)
- Guest suites for your out-of-town guests
- Full-service main and private dining rooms with nutritious meals designed by our executive chef and served by our dedicated wait staff
- Secure, outdoor walking garden and patio
- Activity room
- TV, phone and Internet service provided at no charge
Ridge Crest Staff
- Medical director, attending physician, or advanced practice registered nurse on site five days a week
- Director of nursing
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Social worker
- Therapeutic recreation director
- Licensed speech, occupational, physical and respiratory rehabilitation therapists available seven days a week
- Wound surgeon weekly rounds
- Infection preventist
Skilled Nursing Services
- Premier post-acute skilled nursing care
- High staff-to-patient ratio for optimal care
- Personalized care plans developed in collaboration with residents, physicians and family members
- Coordination of care services and therapies
- Medication administration
- 24-hour emergency response system
- Full housekeeping and laundry services
- 24-hour security
- Transportation to and from medical appointments is available to purchase
- Planned social, cultural and recreational activities created specifically for skilled nursing center residents
- Respite care
- Hospice care
Memory Support Services
Staff at Ridge Crest continuously receive in-depth training across multiple disciplines, including annual training from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners course on Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care. We take the time to learn each resident’s history and establish a personal relationship that is further enhanced by consistent staff assignments and high staff-to-resident ratios.
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists are trained in dementia care too. Their training provides them with person-centered, stage-specific dementia care capabilities from the Crisis Prevention Institute.
For more information about specialty services at Ridge Crest, please contact us.
Caring for a loved one can be a challenge. To be at your best, you need time to yourself — to catch up on rest, handle work and other personal responsibilities, and simply to restore your physical and mental energy. At Ridge Crest, we offer respite stays of 5 to 60 days for your loved one while you take a break of your own. There are no obligations, no long-term commitments, and everyone is welcome. Contact us for more information and to discuss your needs.
Ridge Crest provides long-term nursing care and short-term rehabilitation on a Medicare and private-pay basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Skilled nursing is for those who need greater care while recovering from a hospital stay. Professional, compassionate, support is delivered around the clock by licensed professionals, including RNs, LPNs, Certified Nurse Aides and Certified Medication Aides. We also offer custom programs that encourage maximum social interaction and preserve dignity.
Skilled nursing is usually required after an illness or injury. These are some conditions that often require skilled care for seniors:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiac failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Other major illness
- Hip or bone fracture
- Fall-related injury
- Orthopedic surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis
We offer an extensive list of clinical capabilities. To view the full list, please download our PDF below:
Potential candidates for long-term nursing care include those who are dealing with an ongoing health condition or disability, chronic or severe pain, a chronic medical condition, permanent disability, dementia, or those who need help with activities of daily living.
Professional caregivers provide short-term, round-the-clock care in a comfortable, secure environment. Loved ones can receive compassionate care and excellent amenities for a few days. Benefits of respite care can include assistance for a loved one after a hospital stay or during illness, a short break for family members, or needed support when you’re traveling.
To learn more, visit our Respite Care page.