Chopped Salad with Beet Dressing Recipe
Meadow Ridge Chopped Salad with Beet Dressing
Chef John recently shared his recipe for a resident favorite.
Beet Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 2 Medium beets, peeled and diced (do not cook)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Cups olive oil
Chopped Salad Ingredients:
- 3 Heads chopped romaine hearts
- 1 Cup small diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup small diced English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
Beet Dressing: In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients except the olive oil and blend until smooth. With the blender running on medium-high speed, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender until fully mixed.
Chopped Salad: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Toss the salad ingredients gently to mix evenly. When ready to serve, drizzle the beet dressing over the chopped salad. Toss the salad again to coat the ingredients.